KENNA’S ‘SONGS FOR FLIGHT SWEEPSTAKES (“Sweepstakes”)
Sponsored by Translator Music
NO PURCHASE, DONATION OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE, DONATION OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
Our mean lawyer insists that you read these Official Rules. Your participation in this Sweepstakes means that you unconditionally agree to these Official Rules and all decisions by Translator Music (“Sponsor”) and (“Prizing Provider”) that are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. To win the prize(s), you must comply with all facets of the Official Rules and all decisions by Translator Music, who is the Sponsor and Prizing Provider.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individual legal residents of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia, age 18 or older at the time of entry that agree to these Official Rules. Employees of Sponsor/Prizing Provider and their respective parents, affiliate companies, subsidiaries, agents, judges, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children and their respective spouses, regardless of where they live) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible. All federal, state and local rules and regulations apply. Void where prohibited by law. The CrowdRise Terms and Conditions (https://www.crowdrise.com/about/terms) apply. In the event of a conflict between these Rules and the CrowdRise Terms and Conditions, these Official Rules govern and control only to the extent of such conflict.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on August 24th, 2015 at 12:00pm Eastern Time (ET) and ends on November 2, 2015 at 11:59:59am ET (“Promotion Period”). CrowdRise’s server and computer clock is the official time-keeping device and its decisions are final and binding. CrowdRise makes no representations or warranties that the leaderboard or donation scroll box on CrowdRise.com or elsewhere will be updated on a real-time basis, will always be accurate or will represent the official standings, results or leaders of the Sweepstakes at any time before, during or after the Promotion Period. The leaderboard, donation scroll lists and any similar lists tallying donations are unofficial tallies of the amounts of donations in a campaign and may not accurately reflect the donations made based on a variety of factors. Results of the Sweepstakes are not official until Sponsor expressly announces the final results and verifies the winners.
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the promotion period, you may enter one time by either of the following methods: (1) Go to CrowdRise (the “Website”) here: https://www.crowdrise.com/songsforflight follow the on-screen instructions to “fund the project” and donate at least ten dollars ($10) online and you’ll receive one (1) entry for a chance to meet Kenna in Hollywood, CA. Donations must be made online on the Website via credit card and be fully processed through CrowdRise and a third party payment processor during the Promotion Period. Donations recorded on the Website but not processed online via credit card(“offline donations”) are not eligible and will not be counted for the Sweepstakes. OR (2) To enter for free, go to Kenna’s website here: http://www.kenna.com/enter-to-win and follow the instructions to enter for free. Entry must be completed, submitted and received during the Promotion Period.
One entry per person. All entrants are subject to verification before a prize can be awarded. If your birthdate or address entered on the Website or otherwise does not meet eligibility requirements, your entry is automatically void. Donations made in this Sweepstakes may not be tax-deductible. It is the individual donor’s sole responsibility to determine the tax-consequences of their donations. Consult a tax professional. You agree that neither Sponsor nor anyone else involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes is providing any accounting or tax advice.
4. PRIZE: One (1) winner will meet Kenna in Hollywood. Prize Package includes: (1) Round Trip economy class airfare for two (2) from a major U.S. airport nearest to the winner’s primary residence to Los Angeles, California; (2) Three (3) days and two (2) nights stay in a standard hotel (standard single room, double occupancy); (3) Ground transportation together in one vehicle to/from airports (in winner’s city and Los Angeles) and to/from any activity involving Kenna; (4) Five hundred dollars ($500) cash to spend in Los Angeles during the experience; and (5) Dinner with Kenna. Winner’s guest must be at least 18 years old unless winner is the parent or legal guardian of the guest; winner must be given express, written permission from Prizing Provider to bring his/her guest. Sponsor or team will arrange travel or, in the alternative, may choose to assign the travel arrangements to winner. The Sponsor may require winner and guest to travel on the same itinerary. If winner resides within a one hundred (100) mile radius of the event venue, in lieu of the round-trip flight, winner will receive round-trip ground transportation of Prizing Provider’s choice for winner and guest between winner’s residence and the hotel. If winner’s guest resides in a different city than the winner, the Sponsor shall use its discretion in booking the itinerary and type of travel, airfare or ground transportation to Los Angeles. Dates/times of the travel, trip, video, dinner and any other activity connected in any way to the prize may be set by Sponsor and team who may delay, change and cancel for any reason whatsoever. The winner agrees that Sponsor may keep the reason confidential. Every aspect of the video and winner’s feature in the video and release is defined solely by Sponsor and is at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor not responsible for lost or stolen tickets or any other changes with respect to the prizes. If any part of the prize is canceled or changed, or the winner or guest is unable to attend for any reason, the winner will not receive any refund, substitution, new prize or reimbursement of any prize or portion thereof. All unclaimed prizes or unused portion of the prize shall be forfeited in their entirety. It is winner’s sole responsibility to stay informed about all prizes and all changes. If the event is canceled, the winner will not receive any other portion of the prize or reimbursement of any prize or portion thereof. Expenses are not included; all costs not expressly stated herein, including but not limited to, airfare, transportation, accommodations are the sole responsibility of the winner. Winner and guest are prohibited from using, recording, posting, displaying or broadcasting the meeting anywhere for any reason without express, written permission from Prizing Provider. In the event the winner and/or guests engage in behavior at any time that Prizing Provider or any person involved in execution of this Sweepstakes determines, in its sole discretion, is obnoxious, threatening, illegal or intended to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, they reserve the right, at their respective sole discretion, to cancel, suspend or terminate the meeting, at any time, in whole or part and there will not be any substitution of the prize. Airline tickets are not eligible for frequent flier miles, upgrades and cannot be used in conjunction with any other trip, travel, promotion or offer. Sponsor is not responsible for any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor reserves right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted by winner. Sponsor not responsible for prize utility, quality or otherwise. Taxes and fees and any other costs related to the prize, if any, are the sole responsibility of winner. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is: Five thousand dollars ($5,000). The ARV may substantially change depending on the originating city of the winner and guest. The winner will not receive the difference between the actual and ARV.
5. SELECTION WINNERS AND ODDS OF WINNING: On or around November 2, 2015, Sponsor or its representative will conduct one random drawing (the “Drawing”) from all eligible entries to determine Potential Winner(s). Entries are subject to verification by Sponsor and potential Winners are not declared final and shall not receive a prize until verified by Sponsor. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Any attempts to exceed the limit of number of entries into the Sweepstakes by any method, including but not limited to, using multiple email addresses or accounts or robotic entries, are prohibited and Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify all suspect entries. An individual may not enter on behalf of another individual or transfer his/her entry to another person. An individual may be required to show proof of ownership of his/her accounts used to enter this Sweepstakes.
6. VERIFICATION OF WINNERS AND DELIVERY OF PRIZES: Potential winner(s) will notified by email within three (3) business days after verification by Sponsor or its representative. Potential winner(s) are required to provide Sponsor and Prizing Provider his/her name, residential address, telephone number, email address and valid photo ID (U.S. license, passport or similar proof of identity that is acceptable to Sponsor in its sole discretion). All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until the entrant’s eligibility has been verified and the entrant has received notice from Sponsor that he/she has won the prize, even if the leaderboard or any other information on Sponsor’s website indicates that an entrant has won. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. Any participation in the Sweepstakes that occurs after Sponsor’s computer or other systems have failed will be deemed defective and will not be honored. Potential winner(s) are required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and, where permitted, a publicity release and a Form W9 concerning the prize. Additional paperwork, releases, background checks or screenings, to the extent allowed by law, may also be required before a prize can be awarded. If the prize includes the option to bring a “guest”, winner’s guest is required to comply with the above requirements. If Potential winner cannot be contacted within three (3) days, fails to return any and all requested documentation within ten (10) days, or is declared ineligible by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, he/she forfeits the prize in its entirety. Potential winners agree that Sponsor or Prizing Provider may shorten these timelines for any reason. If potential winner forfeits a prize, Sponsor may, but is not required to, select one new potential winner. Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each winner’s (and their guest(s), if applicable, consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s (and their guest(s), if applicable). Winners’ name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for advertising, promotional, and other purposes in any manner, in any and all media, now known or hereinafter devised, worldwide, in perpetuity, without further payment or consideration, notification, or permission.
7. RELEASE; LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY; GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is void outside the United States and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor and Prizing Provider (“Released Parties”) are not responsible for late, lost, stolen, damaged, garbled, incomplete, misaddressed or misdirected entries, emails, mail or communications; for errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, or delays in operations or transmission of information, in each case whether arising by way of technical or other failures or malfunctions of computer hardware, software, communications devices; or for transmission lines or data corruption, theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entry materials, loss or otherwise. Further, Released Parties are not responsible for electronic communications that are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind, or insufficient space in entrant's email account to receive email messages or insufficient space on entrant’s computer. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or to enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Released Parties disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, or accessing or downloading information in connection with, this Sweepstakes and Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend this Sweepstakes should any virus, bug, technical failures, unauthorized human intervention or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In the event of any such cancellation, termination or suspension, a notice will be posted and, if in Sponsor’s sole discretion, a winner can be selected among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to such time, such winner will be selected. Released Parties reserve the right, in their sole respective discretion, to disqualify any entrant (and his/her Sweepstakes entry) from this Sweepstakes or any other promotion conducted now or in the future by Released Parties or any of their affiliates if he/she tampers with the entry process or if his/her fraud or misconduct affects the integrity of the Sweepstakes or if he/she engages in any inappropriate or unacceptable behavior in connection with the Sweepstakes. Released Parties reserve the right to correct clerical or typographical errors in promotional materials. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant accepts the conditions stated in these Official Rules, agrees to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor, warrants that he/she is eligible to participate in this Sweepstakes and release and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. By accepting the prize, winner agrees to release Released Parties and their directors, employees, officers and agents, including without limitation, its advertising and promotion agencies, from any and all liability, loss or damages arising from or in connection with the awarding, receipt and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any prize-related activity. All Sweepstakes participants acknowledge and agree that normal Internet access, phone and usage charges imposed by their online, phone or similar providers may apply in order to participate in the Sweepstakes and accept the prize.
8. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Oakland County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, and in no event will entrant be entitled to receive attorneys’ fees or other legal costs; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
9. CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. WINNERS LIST: For a list of the winners, email email@example.com and include the title of the Sweepstakes in your request. Requests must be submitted after the Sweepstakes has ended. The list will be sent to requesting parties after selection and verification of winners.
12. SPONSOR AND PRIZING PROVIDER: Translator Music
13. QUESTIONS REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.